There is such a strange Bug that no one finds it.

Copper Contributor

fxzxmic_0-1610228956469.png

Can you see what's wrong with the picture above?
The answer is that Edge browser thumbnails correspond to Explorer icons.
This Bug happened after the 20H2 version was updated. So many months have passed, and I thought you could find it and fix it soon, but it did not.
This bug happens by chance when I open the Edge browser, switch to another virtual desktop, and switch back (actually, according to my daily observation, it happens quite frequently, at least twice a day), and I think it might be introduced by the ALT+TAB feature.

8 Replies

Hi there,

The reason no one talked about it before might be because no one experienced it before (like a rare bug).
so what have you tried so far to fix it? have you unpinned the explorer icon from taskbar and see if Edge still switches to its icon?
have you changed Alt + Tab experience in Windows settings to show only open windows instead of tabs and see if it changes anything?

@HotCakeX Since this is not a bug that will affect the use, although it is indeed a bug, I have not tried any method to fix it. For the method you mentioned above, I will test it and give you the answer.

Yeah if it's behaving like that which is not expected then it is a bug, and yes try them, thanks

@HotCakeX After I changed Alt + Tab experience in Windows settings to show only open windows, the bug didn't happen again. I've now restored this setting to see if it will still happen.

@HotCakeXHello, after I restored the ALT + TAB setting, this bug reappeared.

You can send feedback about it,
the proper way to do it is to use feedback button on Edge (Alt + Shift + i )
Sorry, it's been so long. What I want to say is that this issue no longer exists in Windows 11, and this discussion has come to an end.