There is, STILL, no IE Mode

Silver Contributor

Aug. 8

Even with flags enabled, there is no (more) IE Mode, at lease, not that I can find.

Is it coming back, again? or what is happening?  Just dropping IE via the browser?  Still, have IE access via the OS or will be be gone from there, as well?  Hey, it's ok by me if we let a dinosaur go wherever dinosaurs go (teehee). 

Cheers,

Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

6 Replies
This is the Official documentation for how to use the IE mode in the new Microsoft Edge:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployEdge/edge-ie-mode

the button is gone because only the business and enterprise users use that feature if they need to, and they can set it up and control it via group policy which is more effective for controlling the clients.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Early-preview-of-Microsoft-Edge-group-policies/m-...

Ok, thanks for this info.  I cannot express how good I feel about this.  It is exactly the specific direction one could see coming and the only route that makes real sense.  Limited to & available for those who, actually, (still may) have a need for it.  Will be interesting to see if it is, also, dropped from the OS with 1909. 

I have to admit something... maybe, all the notes saying, "What the heck happened to IE Mode?!" threw me off, maybe I was caught up in that and (here's the confession)... I, already, knew what was happening with this, including, that we were just testing IE Mode, briefly, a while ago.

So excuse, that I wasted some time & space.  But, thanks for the replies.  I feel quite silly.

Ooops.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

It's all good, yeah exactly, there will probably be very few businesses who actually need to use Internet explorer so it wouldn't make sense to put a button in the browser UI that 99% of users won't need it.

@HotCakeX 

Yes, and 'consumers' (non-Biz) sure as heck do not need it.  So, sound logic all around.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Yea, everybody's been running away from IE in the past couple of years. that button would bring back bad memories lol