The scrollbar should also be updated with Windows 11 UI

Silver Contributor
The scrollbar on the MS Edge Canary should also be changed when we enable the Windows 11 Visual Updates flag with the New Windows 11 one replacing the old Windows 10 one. The new one looks more modern and aesthetically appealing.

The Win 10 Scrollbar we currently have in Microsoft EdgeThe Win 10 Scrollbar we currently have in Microsoft Edge
The Win 11 Scrollbar in File Explorer when the cursor is not hovering over itThe Win 11 Scrollbar in File Explorer when the cursor is not hovering over it
The Win 11 Scrollbar in File Explorer when the cursor is hovering over itThe Win 11 Scrollbar in File Explorer when the cursor is hovering over it
If you liked this suggestion and want to make it part of Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to send feedback about it through the in-app feedback tool (Alt+Shift+I) in Microsoft Edge to give this suggestion a +1.
3 Replies
Edge actually uses the scroll bar style from Windows 7 which has been long overdue.

I think a better solution would be for the scroll bar to be in line with the rest of the operating system, ie using the Windows 10 scroll bar on Windows 10 and the Windows 11 scroll bar on Windows 11.
Yes, I agree that the scrollbar should match the UI of the OS Edge is running on. Edge is still supporting Windows 7 as-of-now, and I don't think Microsoft have announced when this will end?

And if anything, I'd rather when in dark-mode, the scrollbar actually changed to a dark-theme variant. Currently it's always grey, even in dark-mode. I'd rather they fix that before anything