The "THREE DOTS" A serious touch of himor!

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Brass Contributor

I would just like to get the folks to put on their thinking caps about this. I am not offended by the actual 'DOTS' and kind of like 'More Information', but the simplified 'Three Dots' identifier just makes me cringe. I have only a normal education, though I have studied through self-education much more than the average computer aficionado. But are we not diluting things just a little too far here. What I mean the statement, 'the three dots' is now mainstream and fully incorporated into Customer Service Help and I guess they think they are talking to idiots. Is everything in our society being diluted to a point that Reverse Osmosis Filtered and Distilled water actually has a thicker consistency than our modern mental processes? My old mother never finished high school and was ridiculed most of her life for being STUPID, yet I taught her the original DOS 'Lotus 123' back in the days when accountants and other pseudo professionals were crying their eyes out about how hard Lotus 123 was and all she had to work with were a couple of applets that I had built myself as examples and the original 2" thick book that originally came with Lotus. By the way, when I wake up bright and fresh in the morning, turn on my thinking machine, and I look up there and see the 'More information' dots, I think about that CS agent telling me to click on the three dots and my mind flashes back to the old Sci-Fi movie 'Demolition Man' and the "Three Seashells"! Sorry but that is just a disturbing image in my mind that early in the morning. I mean right before breakfast for crying out loud.

6 Replies
We are dealing with MS users, by the way, we are not children using Applesauce!
Hi, Not trying to be rude or anything but could you write a TL/TR version? because I couldn't understand which 3 dots you are talking about among all of those texts. maybe attach a screenshot?
OMG! * HUMOR * folks get a life. I am old and broken.

Hotcakes, YOu are not being rude trying to understand! Never be afraid to ask someone to clarify. There is a great divide between Ignorance and stupidity. One is not knowing or never having been taught. The other is actually burning calories in making an effort to avoid LEARNing!@esarhaddon 

@esarhaddon Hello! I've locked down this thread for new replies.

Please note this is off-topic and unrelated to Edge Insider (or anything in the Tech Community), so please do not post off-topic posts as per our code of conduct

"Don't wander off topic. No posting about sports, religion, politics or other things that don’t belong here."

Thanks for understanding and participating in the Tech Community.