The new Tab preview in Edge canary is Not what I expected - it's straight up copy of chrome

MVP

dsds.png

That, which can be enabled by this flag: edge://flags/#tab-hover-card-images (Edge Canary 86.0.598.0)

adds tab previews under each tab just like chrome. I hope this is not the way Microsoft wants to implement tab previews because it's exact copy of chrome. Edge legacy's tab previews are a lot better and look nicer. you could preview the tabs at the top or at the bottom on hover, you could have a whole strip dedicated for tab previews at the top of the tabs.

3 Replies
Agreed. Some work is needed to give that different touch from Chrome.

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for the update. I am happy for it because it is the same design that I wanted but I don't know how it happened that two days after I suggested it on this forum, the same design for tab preview I saw for Safari in WWDC :face_with_tears_of_joy: I think it is the inverted design that Chrome canary brought from a few weeks ago. As you said, I still think there can be a lot of improvements made in this feature. The addition I want to see is the brining of the arrow button beside the new tab button to show preview of all tabs open back to Edge Chromium. After all, thank you Microsoft Edge team for bringing this feature earlier than what I had expected.

It's not there due to forum suggestions though. the flag comes right from Chromium. the feature has been inside Edge even for months but you could enable it only through command line switches.

forum suggestions and feedbacks want a different thing.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/tab-preview-discussion/m-p/1160569