the edge home page is annoying

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

How can I perminetly get rid of the defualt MS Home page I keep getting everytime I open my Edge browser?  I've told the software many, many times to just go to google .ca as the default when I launch Edge but for whatever reason the Edge browser refuses to take that setting.

If I can't get it set perminetly to go where I want - I'm going to remove Edge form my PC.  Any suggestions or is it a case of too bad ..... we're Microsoft - Obey !!   (grin)

Cheers'

Dave 

4 Replies

@davecason 

Hi, 

that's interesting, really shouldn't happen.

Are your settings for the startup page overwritten after you restart the browser? Can you provide us a screenshot of edge://settings/startHomeNTP please. 

Also, what branch (Stable, Beta, Dev, Canary), version and OS you're on?

@davecason If I understand you, Settings > When Edge Starts and Settings > Home Page are set up like mine, only using google.ca instead of bing.com as the entries.

tomscharbach_0-1646682839562.png

Is that correct?

Here they are !

@davecason 

@davecason Shocker, you proved your point and suddenly they had nothing to say and no help to offer. Seriously, I'm startled. lol. I have the same issue and saw on another page that it requires an extension/plugin to fix the issue. They know this and were just playing games with you, as they do.