The Edge 64-bit browser installation path is still in the Program Files (x86) directory

Copper Contributor

The new version of the Edge browser is based on the Chromium open source project, and the installation directory of the 64-bit version of the Chrome browser has been moved to the "Program Files" directory, while the 64-bit installation directory of the Edge browser is still in the "Program Files (x86)" directory.

QQ截图20220129113008.png

2 Replies

@DustinWin Thank u for bringing attention to this, i was doing several clean installs made me think i still had a virus wich was the only reason for the clean install, since admittedly i just assumed the worst spent probably hours troubleshooting only to find out for inexplicable reasons unexplained just shows up there by default lol, i mean microsoft i know u have put the effort into making the first microsoft browser that isnt a running joke i might add have recently turned to using it as one of my main browsers and now, highly recommend it to some, but u continue to miss things like this its like u cant help but continue the running joke please fix this as im sure its comically simple to do given your army of programmers