SOLVED

Taskbar tasks list is missing

Iron Contributor

When right click on the program on taskbar, the tasks list is not shown. I reinstalled Microsoft Edge Dev but the browsing data is not clear, the issue still persist. 

Before a certain update that I forgot, it used to be there but after the update I accidentally unpin and repin the tasks is gone. 

EDIT: I checked others post seem some of them had same issue as me. 

Taskbar Tasks is missingTaskbar Tasks is missing

It is shown in start menuIt is shown in start menu

46 Replies

@FranklinWhale 

oh alright, well here it is, all of my browsers got the correct items there too.

Annotation 2019-09-19 191153.png

Annotation 2019-09-19 191502.png

Annotation 2019-09-19 191526.png

@FranklinWhale 

Yes, Franklin, it is, your thinking is correct. And this is with the Dev taskbar jumplist that I happen to have at the moment.  I have never been without it. And must be "On" in Settings.
Dev J.jpg
JLOn.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@FranklinWhale 

It is, certainly, not a universal issue.  I don't have it nor did I (ever).  Dev or Canary.  Seems not everyone has the issue.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@FranklinWhale 

No flag needs to be enabled.  But, jumplist item in the OS Settings needs to be On.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

That's Not correct.

that option was OFF when I took those screenshots above. it has absolutely nothing to do with it. that option clearly says it only effects recently opened items. which means visited sites, Not browser functions like opening InPrivate/Incognoto mode windows.
It might not be universal but there are quite a few people that are experiencing the issue. it's worth to be looked into.

The exact text of that option:
"Show recently opened items in the jump lists on Start or the taskbar and in the fire explorer Quick Access".
recently opened items for browser means recently visited websites.
for other programs like Photo viewer means recently opened photos and so on.

@FranklinWhale 

No Win10 Update is the cause.  All I mentioned that is normal is on that Build.  I didn't only check on the Insider Build; A-ok on both.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Would you mind mentioning which Windows update (KB number) is the culprit?

Now chrome is broke as well, this let me think that is it the chromium base is faulty. 

ezgif-5-6301227461b5.gif

Video: https://youtu.be/NfQ6jg9S-6w

Also quick note: Firefox is fine.

@Limyx826 

Quick note:
All 3 (of my) Edge Cs & Edge are fine.  Maybe this info helps you.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Limyx826 My Chrome lost all tasks on jump list after updating to Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) too!

It does seem to be Chromium related.

After this update the tasks came back. 

It's backIt's back

@Limyx826 Using Version 79.0.279.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit), but the tasks on jump list are still missing...

I am unable to find a .customDestinations-ms file for Edge Dev in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations, but I find its app id in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts, which is af8446203517116f
Really strange. this has never happened in Canary, it always happens in Dev.
have you tried unpinning the shortcut and pinning it again?
Tried but that has no effect

@FranklinWhale 

Franklin, FWIW, I do not have this issue nor have I in any past Build & same for all 3 Channels.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg