Taskbar peek in fullsreen mode

Iron Contributor

Edge chromium currently hides the taskbar in fullscreen mode. User has to press Win + T or Win keys every time to display taskbar while in fullscreen. When being fullscreen taskbar should be visible when the mouse is brought down near the taskbar. Edge legacy had this feature. Kindly work on it. I am attaching a screenshot from the deg legacy.

Screenshot (436).png

7 Replies

@sauravyad500 Thanks for reaching out with that great question. I've looped our UI team in and will let you know if they have any insights to share on this functionality!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Have you any update to share on this? I'm also missing this very useful functionality that is preventing me using browser in full screen mode. As top bar peek feature is already implement, now if peek taskbar feature is also implemented then it will allow many users to use browser in full screen mode all the time.

@rjtiwari10 @sauravyad500, to give you an update: our team did look into this. Unfortunately, due to some constraints within the Windows framework, we likely won't be able to implement this in the near future. However, this did spark an extensive internal discussion, so we really appreciate the feedback!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply. Hope Windows allow this feature in future updates. But then why Peek taskbar works when watching videos or movies full screen with in-built app?

@Deleted It can be implemented very easily. Just have a look at this scenario whenever in full screen mode you click on the zoom button in the omnibox not in the menu, the taskbar appears. Also it appears whenever you click start button in full screen mode.

Just implement browser to have less visible priority than browser and make it disappear when you send do the full screen. Whenever the mouse is near just make it visible as the taskbar already has higher visible priority. Or simply look in the bold scenario mentioned above

BUMP! taskbar peek needs to work for seamless integration between edge and the system!

once again - we desperately need this feature