Tablet Mode Improvement: Hide Top Bar on Installed PWAs

Copper Contributor

PWAs are working well so far in tablet mode.  Hiding the window bar in tablet mode would be fantastic.

3 Replies
Thank you for this suggestion @BiffMacDuff. I will forward it on to the team responsible for tablet mode browsing.

Yes! Titlebar is uncessary when on Tablet mode. But when user needs it, it should be able to single swipe from the top to show the titlebar just like the UWP apps.

Also titlebar for PWA for some reason are little thinner than what was on UWP titlebar which is bit thicker.Titlebar_Edge_PWA-vs-UWP.png

This cause inconsistency between Edge Canary PWA and the UWP apps.

I use PWA a lot. I added the Steam chat as a PWA to my taskbar, apart from the Steam client itself, it's fast and reliable. the top bar is also very useful. it's Super tiny (maybe only 5px) and doesn't cover much of the screen size but it gives me very useful functions like back button or access to my extensions. without it i wouldn't be able to utilize PWAs so much. in my opinion they shouldn't completely remove the to bar, no matter tablet mode or not. they can however add an ability to make it hide automatically like hide taskbar feature in Windows 10.