Tablet mode for Edge

Iron Contributor

Could you please bring back some typre of experience you guys had with IE 11 Metro on Windows 8. That UI was so much better for tablet and touch screen users. Address bar on the bottom etc.

7 Replies
Great suggestion, @derekamoss! I have sent it along to the right folks.
I'd totally use that! Metro IE11 was a good experience- Fluent Design it up and that would be awesome.

@ej_6612 

Yeah I really miss it. Infact i miss all of Windows 8 when it comes to touch and tablet. Charm's bar, left swipe multitask Verticle full screen Start Menu, and also how the swipes actually followed your hand instead of just going full swipe... Heck I even liked the Desktop veing its own enviroment. That would make my Surface Book perfect just like my Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8 back in the day... Sorry got a little nostalgic! 

@derekamoss 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses the old Metro tablet interface. Heck, while we're at it, if/when they port this iteration of Edge to Android, PLEASE use that interface. The old Metro GUI on small devices (Windows Phone) was THE BEST GUI ever produced. One handed use was amazing. Current Edge on Android is just horrible. I have to use two hands, or shuffle the phone in my hand to use it. Uuuuggghhhh!!!!

@Guzz42 

Yeah, it was one of the biggest letdowns and very frustrating when Windows 10 was first in development. I want to know who the guy was that decided just to ditch everything good about Windows 8 instead of taking the good things and merging it with Windows 10. I just can't believe NO ONE ever had that idea...

This needs to come back.

Who exactly are these folks? It seems like much of the Windows 10 Tablet Mode and Touch feedback was sent to the Mobile team instead the correct Desktop team.