Tab side-scrolling and text preview

Copper Contributor

While having icons for every tab when there are lots of them is nice it unfortunately limits the information about a tab. For example what if I have 20 Wikipedia tabs open? I will just see 20 small "W" icons. In the old edge once you reached a number of tabs you would have to scroll sideways to reach far away tabs but there was a bit of text on each one so you knew what it was about. I suggest something similar, like the icon and then the first 5 letters or so.

How it's nowHow it's now

How it used to beHow it used to be

3 Replies

@tjroh01 

That is an interesting suggestion for a feature request.  As it is, you can mouse over the Icon for the tab to get the title of the page, which should include the title of the article from the Wikipedia example.
I can relay this to the product team for consideration.

Gabriel

Thanks!

"Old" Edge has many cool and useful quirks that I'd like to see in the new one.

I'd like that also.

The current (old?) Edge has the best handling of tabs our there, especially on tablets like the Surface Pro.

I usually do not use the mouse while browsing, only touch and keyboard.

With this preview version of Edge, it's ok when you have up to 10 tabs, but if you have more, it becomes increasingly difficult to know where is the tab you want, and to select it.

Please bring back the way Edge handles tabs, and also Tab Preview! Really handy, I even have it always open at work.

Thanks.