SOLVED

Syncing Favorites/Bookmarks

Copper Contributor

I just signed up, and I realize the new browser is about to go live, so I suspect I am just missing something, but I decided to post here because I do think an improvement can be made. My apologies if my efforts are misplaced.

My edge browser's favorites sync between my iPad, my Note 10+, and my Windows 10 laptop. However, the Edge Beta for Mac that I have on my MacBook Pro does not sync with these other devices. I cannot figure out how to get them to sync. I cannot imagine that they do not sync. So if there is something I need to do to get my favorites to sync, this needs to be clear. If they do not sync, then this feature needs to be added.

Can anyone confirm that favorites sync across devices, even the Edge Beta for Mac? Can anyone confirm the process for getting this to happen? Can anyone confirm that Edge Beta for Mac does NOT sync favorites with other devices?

Thanks.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Madmonk11 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@Madmonk11
To my knowledge, you cannot sync classic Edge with the new Edge, but you can import your favorites. As far as syncing with mobile open the app and go to Settings->Account->"Sync to" and select "Edge Insider Channels." You may also want to check that in the sync page Favorites and anything else you want is turned on.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Madmonk11 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@Madmonk11
To my knowledge, you cannot sync classic Edge with the new Edge, but you can import your favorites. As far as syncing with mobile open the app and go to Settings->Account->"Sync to" and select "Edge Insider Channels." You may also want to check that in the sync page Favorites and anything else you want is turned on.

View solution in original post