Synchronization Between Different Devices

Brass Contributor

First of all, thank you, Microsoft team, for the efforts you put to improve the services provided to the users. I have never seen a company that listens to user feedback so sincerely.

I started using edge insider(Chromium-based) and I really like it. I like it more than I think I should because your team adapt to the circumstances and try to provide the best and also we can see the improvement with every update. So today I went a step ahead and installed edge for android.

First of all, it's a great browser too. It is fast and I really like the full adblocker integration. The problem comes when you go from one system to another. The experience is far from seamless. I know the team is working on that and you might provide what we want in the coming future but today is not that day. I have never been able to synchronize history between two different operating systems even when I was on the older edge. Google synchronization is better.

History synchronizes perfectly on chrome across different devices and google has a Google Now feed that improves itself depends on how much we use browser. It shows the news for what we have searched in the past. News is based on user interest, unlike Microsoft news which shows everything but relevant stuff.

I know you guys are working hard and I appreciate that but users like me want something seamless. You have too many apps for too many things(like your phone app) but none works as it should.

Apple is a perfect example of how things should be done. They have done and I think you can do it too. Let's hope for the best

Thank You

2 Replies

Thank you for the feedback, @Varun_Sharma.  WE are still working on our synchronization story, and more is coming soon.  Please keep using our Insider channel builds as well as our mobile Edge versions, and let us know where you think we are doing well and where we can do better. - Elliot

I think If you like apple products (which IMO are useless and too expensive for nothing and there are countless proofs for that) then you should use them, some people just love to pay 999$ for a single monitor stand; but don't compare a completed product such as Google Chrome to a program which is not even in beta, not even in alpha, but in pre-alpha state.
Right now the new edge browser is not even comparable with the top 5 best browsers in the market, because of the reason i mentioned earlier, it's for enthusiasts and developers, so let's not forget that.

And there is no "full adblocker integration" in the new edge. it's only a basic tracking protection. the kind of full adblocker you're looking for comes with extensions like ublock with its hardcore multiple filters that reduce the internet ads to nearly 0%.

there are a lot of companies that listen to the feedbacks besides Microsoft, one of the is Valve corporation which I've had experience with.

IMO the best way to help the team is to make helpful feedbacks and bug reports to them.
about Your Phone app, it does with it is supposed to do, a lot of people, including me, are using it and it's a real helpful companion, if you have problems with it you should fill a feedback about it and let the developers know.

p.s 

why apple and mac OSX is a very bad example. they don't fix all the exploit in their systems, even when people send them bugfixes. apple keeps a lot of exploits secret. when people try to find them they say there is no exploit.

WebKit at compile produce 10.000 warnings and more lol. while Blink does under 50.

apple's bash is pretty outdated. Google writes code much more cleaner than apple does, because apple just want to scam their customers. apple don't have global services, they don't work in all the countries. the list of the problems goes on and on.