Sync settings

Copper Contributor

Hello fellow insiders, developers, and everybody else.

Thank you for finally making edge the browser everybody wanted for a very long time, i myself decided to switch to edge but I can't use it for work as I can't sync my work profile on edge as the domain is different from outlook, Gmail etc...

What's the possibility of having edge accept accounts other than Microsoft Outlook accounts? Having accept Gmail or other domains will get many other users to switch in a blind of an eye.

This is just a suggestion of what I see can be a huge deal breaker for others, and it kind of is for me because if i used my work email to sign up as a Microsoft Outlook account will not be able to have the same features as Chrome.

This browser is awesome, consider my suggestion to make it the best :D

1 Reply

@Warnahly Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the MSFT Edge Insider community. It's great to hear that you're enjoying our browser.

We briefly touched on this topic here, "One option available to you today to use a single user identifier across the various services you use is to create a new Microsoft Account using a @gmail address." 

If that doesn't fully address your use case, then feel free to either submit feedback through the browser (Shift+Alt+I) or by commenting on this thread. Our Sync team is keen on hearing your feedback, so let us know.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge