SOLVED

Sync issues

Bronze Contributor

Hi Edge team and fellow insiders,

The speed at which the team is adding new features is incredible! We have seen several new features in the insider channels, and it is awesome!

I wanted to surface the issues with Sync, because I have seen a lot of sync issues in the recent builds. 

I have seen several sync issues related to syncing of Favorites, Passwords, Collections and sync across my devices. I resolved it myself using the options in Sync Internals. 

But since yesterday's build 87.0.662.0, the sync is not working at all for me. Each time I launch the browser, I am greeted with crashes and I am signed out of the browser. After I sign in again, the sync is stuck on "Setting up sync". In Sync Internals, the following error message is displayed:

image.png

I would request the sync team to provide a fix for the same, and work on improving the overall reliability of sync. I have seen a number of similar issues from many insiders, so it is a common issue which we get randomly. Tagging @Deleted so that it can be conveyed to the appropriate team.

Thank you!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Rohit Yadav It looks like your transport state is "disabled," which indicates that sync is turned off. There was a version of Canary that went out yesterday with some known issues, so you might be hitting those. Please try reinstalling Canary and/or trying it on another preview channel and let us know if that helps!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted with today's Canary build 87.0.633.0, the sync is back to working state. Thank you so much for the reply :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Rohit Yadav Excellent, I'm glad to hear it! :)

Fawkes (they/them)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Rohit Yadav It looks like your transport state is "disabled," which indicates that sync is turned off. There was a version of Canary that went out yesterday with some known issues, so you might be hitting those. Please try reinstalling Canary and/or trying it on another preview channel and let us know if that helps!

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post