Sync Dev and Beta

Copper Contributor

Use Edge Dev and downloaded the Beta to get a more stable version. However nothing synchronized. Hence I uninstalled Dev and reinstalled, did not sync my favorites, nor the collections. Did something like anyone else happen? Did I lose my favorites?

8 Replies
Hi,
were you signed into both browsers with the same Microsoft account?
Yes. Even passwords didn't sync. I noticed that as soon as I entered the account and activated synchronization, it didn't take any time (as usual) to appear the message "Sync is enabled".
Try going here: about:sync-internals
and press the "Trigger GetUpdates" button

@HotCakeX I did it on Dev, Can, Beta and it didn't change. "Total entries" mean the amount of items? Only 3 bookmarks appear in the table. 

@HotCakeX Second time I install more than one version of Edge and have some kind of problem. Last formatted the notebook of anger.

Yes total entries mean the number of data you have in each category. unfortunately I think your data was lost due to bad sync..
it happened to me before as well, I use Firefox as my default browser and use Edge only for testing.. :(

@HotCakeX Thanks for your help. Formatted again and didn't return. I'm really not going to trust this browser anymore. But on the phone still appear the favorites. Do you know how I can extract an HTML file containing them?

Yes you can export/import favorites from here:

edge://favorites

fdsfds.png