SOLVED

Support for custom favicons

Copper Contributor

One feature that I really would like to see in Edge is the possibility to have custom favicons for any favorite.

When editing a favorite, the dialog should not just offer to change its name and URL, but also the icon.

Is that something we might see in future versions, or is there any specific reason why this is and will not be supported?

6 Replies
Hi,
that's a good suggestion, if you haven't already, please submit it using the feedback button on Edge as well. (shortcuts: alt + shift + i )

@kgiesel 

To work around the problem for now you can use the "Favicon Changer" extension in the Chrome Store. It Works very well

Yep, will do
If you mean the famous Bookmark Favicon Changer (by sonthakit) - I have used this extension for many years in FF and Chrome. At some point it stopped working for Chrome, and it doesn't work Edge either. At least for me; if there's a way I would appreciate getting to know how.
best response confirmed by kgiesel (Copper Contributor)
Indeed - how could I overlook this?

The plugin has not been updated since 8!! years and it still works on recent versions of Edge and Chrome. Unbelievable. Made my day!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kgiesel (Copper Contributor)