Suggestion: Splash Screen for Microsoft Edge

Silver Contributor

The Splash Screen is a needed feature for Microsoft Edge as when it is started on fast computers, it is just a bright white flash which would be dangerous for eyes of the people using high brightness setting and also it would look better than what we have today. I have seen people complaining about this on Google Chrome for years but it looks like they have not listened to their users. I know that at Microsoft, Customer feedback is taken seriously so I am hoping that this feature will be implemented soon.

I have an idea about how the splash screen would look like in Microsoft Edge, so I am sharing my imagined splash screen here. The splash screen for the light theme is grey because if we keep the splash screen background as white, users will have the same problem of getting a bright white flash with logos in it.

The suggested Splash Screens are as follows:

Splash Screen for Microsoft Edge set in Light ThemeSplash Screen for Microsoft Edge set in Light ThemeSplash screen for Microsoft Edge set in Dark ThemeSplash screen for Microsoft Edge set in Dark ThemeSplash Screen for PWAs when Microsoft Edge is set to Light ThemeSplash Screen for PWAs when Microsoft Edge is set to Light ThemeSplash Screen for PWAs when Microsoft Edge is set to Dark ThemeSplash Screen for PWAs when Microsoft Edge is set to Dark Theme

If you liked this suggestion, you can send feedback about it through the in-app Feedback Tool (Alt+Shift+I) to make it a part of Microsoft Edge in the future.

2 Replies
Hello, i don't understand... are you talking about edge desktop ? Because in desktop, i never have any start screen, edge is opened immediately !

@Tio_Dep 

are you talking about edge desktop ?

Yes, I am talking about Edge Desktop because the issue stated in the main post is related to Edge Desktop.

Because in desktop, i never have any start screen, edge is opened immediately !

If you would have used Edge Legacy, it used to have a splash (start) screen when you started it.