SOLVED

Suggestion: Add Mute Tab option to tab context menu

Copper Contributor

I am not a heavy Chrome user so I was disappointed when I didn't see the mute tab option on the tab context menu.  I noticed that clicking on the speaker icon on the tab allowed me to mute / unmute a single tab (which is awesome).  I think it would be more discoverable if there was also a mute tab menu option next to the mute site option on the tab context menu.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

@mhacker Its already available, check the following screenshot:

mute site.png

It's already there

@vineydhiman  There is a difference between mute tab and mute site.  I don't want to mute a complete site which turns off audio on ALL tabs for a specific site.  What I want is the ability to mute a specific tab.  Currently you can only do this by clicking on the speaker icon in the tab.  It would be easier to discover if there was a "Mute tab" option to do the same thing.

4/13 Update:  Just got pushed a new version and the context menu says mute tab instead of mute site.  :)   

it's there. and you don't even need to right click, just hover your cursor over the tab with sound and click on the small speaker icon.
This will liekly show up in Dev on the next update. Please let us know if this works the way you expect, @mhacker.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

@mhacker Its already available, check the following screenshot:

mute site.png

View solution in original post