Sub folders in Collections

Deleted
Not applicable

It would be real easy to organize the collections properly if we can create sub folders inside the collections. What you think comment down.

@MissyQ @Deleted 

14 Replies
If you asked me I'd say I can't even find more than 3-4 different use-cases for the main Collection feature, much less for its sub-folders feature if they will be implemented.

Subfolders makes any folder from being a mess

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Subfolders makes any folder from being a mess

Except Collections are not folders and they are far too simple to create a mess.

Actually simpleness and mess depends upon the usecase of the user. I'm using collections to store any type of data from internet related to a topic.... Either it is some post or pic , video text or anything.... It could help to sort things of your interest into one place.... And now when I'm using it too much, It has started to be a mess..... I'm trying to cope with the limited features it has.... Sub folders or call it as sub collection would solve the problem

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Actually simpleness and mess depends upon the usecase of the user. I'm using collections to store any type of data from internet related to a topic.... Either it is some post or pic , video text or anything.... It could help to sort things of your interest into one place.... And now when I'm using it too much, It has started to be a mess..... I'm trying to cope with the limited features it has.... Sub folders or call it as sub collection would solve the problem

Okay 

I agree...  need subfolder capability in Collections!  I was just doing a search to try to see if it was possible and found this thread and decided to reply in support!  If you don't see a need for subfolders in Collections, then you must not be taking full advantage of it or you don't need to utilize it like some of us do.

@gingerCAT 

Hi,
if you want the same thing, the best way is to send feedback using the feedback button on Edge.

press Edge's (...) menu => Help and feedback => Send feedback

I completely Support the idea, this feature really needs to be added as this will help add things organize better.

This is definitely a desired if not required feature.

The work around I found which is not as clean as desired is to create sections in your Collection and then move items into different sections as desired. Not the best use case but it is better than nothing.

Even this option is a pain as you cannot just drag the items to the desired section. You have to use the up and down move arrows one move at a time.

Yes! Please add this feature. Either that or combine Folders with Collections so we can access our folders with the same ease as Collections. Or maybe let us expose some folders which are actively used as collections. Either way, active users of this feature will need a way to organize their collections without having to scroll through a long list of collections that can't be organized hierarchically.

I store information related to multiple training topics in my collections. However, I would like to be able to have one folder titled Training instead of having to search through cards unrelated to training. It makes it difficult to find what you are looking for. 

I think this would be a great idea as well, as a workaround however, I use a note to delineate "sections" in a collection.

Perhaps this would help someone else :)

-SCM

Yes yes yes!

Sub folder ability would make collections the complete web bookmarking solution we've all been waiting for!

I already adore collections. I pray that edge never gets rid of them!! But I do very much want for sub folders! Otherwise I end up with hundreds of collections folders, which becomes kind of useless and painful sadly!

With the Workspaces feature, the ability to sync them across devices, give them unique names and colors etc. I find the need to use collections less often..