Strict worth some time.

Silver Contributor

There is some debate about ad blockers.  There are, also, 3 choices for Tracking Prevention.  I have never been bothered by ads (period), but, I have always had a very good ad blocker.  If you use an ad blocker or even if you don't, try Strict for a while & see what you think without an ad blocker working; extensions can be toggled On or Off.

This is from Canary... all 3 Channels have the 3 choices, just presented differently in Dev & Beta, for now. 

Strict.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

5 Replies
I've used "Strict" since this has been avail in Canary and Have had very little trouble with it.. Love it!

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Dennis, and I take it this has been without an ad blocker?  Like you, I'm not finding it messes up anything, really and everything seems/looks quite 'clean' even with the ad blocker shut off.  And things sure were 'clean' with the ad blocker on.  But, shut it off & Strict seems very effective, indeed.  I, too, have used it since day 1; the interesting part is its effect with or more especially, without an ad blocker.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 wrote:

@Dennis5mile 

Dennis, and I take it this has been without an ad blocker?  Like you, I'm not finding it messes up anything, really and everything seems/looks quite 'clean' even with the ad blocker shut off.  And things sure were 'clean' with the ad blocker on.  But, shut it off & Strict seems very effective, indeed.  I, too, have used it since day 1; the interesting part is its effect with or more especially, without an ad blocker.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

I get amazed as to what gets blocked, especially since I've never visited most of what is listed in the blocked trackers section... see below photos...  in order from top of page to bottom.. sooo many sites blocked... 

blocked trackers.jpg

blocked trackers 2.jpg

blocked trackers 3.jpg

That's a lot of trackers and there are a total of 5 sites on this list that I have been on...  
AddThis I use to post from one website to facebook

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon

Publishers Clearing House

The rest of them, I've not been on...  

Amazing!

Tracking Prevention is Working!

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Oh yes, indeed.  Many very busy beavers & it's all money-driven big business.  Crazy & bizarre thing, the internet, there's lot going on all the time, obliviously.  And it's the same fascinating numbers when running things like CCleaner or Malwarebytes.  And most Folks are not the least bit aware of all the activity & it involving them.

So, IT people, like myself, are SUPER-excited to see things like Strict and advancements in Windows Security (Nee: Defender) and the recent new protections offered to Enterprise.  Anything security related & effective has our vote of approval.  Heck, had me from, "Here, have free protection, it's built into your OS & it's, even, enabled by default... just turn the thing on & go, worry-free, no charge".  And that was just the beginning. Heck, now, we even have sand-boxing coming built right into the OS.

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

This is worth noting & sharing with y'all, me thinks...

I had opened an App Guard window & of course it was virgin, all default.  Went to msn.ca. (So nothing, no ad blocker, no extensions or flags, nothing touched, yet, at all). Went & changed to/selected Strict.  Refreshed msn.ca...  and wow, honestly, quite impressive, what a difference... just that, alone and the page cleaned right up, no superfluous rubbish or ads (showing). 

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg