Still miss a bug tracker and detailed changelogs for both Dev and Canary

Steel Contributor

I know this was mentioned many times here in the discussions before, but I want to bring this up again because I think it's pretty important for the further development of edge. 

1. We need a bug tracker like https://bugs.chromium.org/ to report issues and follow the progress of fixing. The feedback button is a nice feature, but you can't track the bug and don't know if it's recognized, worked on or maybe even fixed. And the dev team gets multiple feedbacks on the exact same issue, that's not very productive.

2. I think it would be very important to have a detailed changelog for both channels, Dev and Canary. It's extremely difficult for us insiders to test new features or bug-fixes without knowing what changes have been made, especially in the Canary branch. It's a daily game of trial and error for most of us, so a changelog would be very helpfull.

I know this produces extra workload, but on the other hand a better and faster feedback from us testers may reduce some coding expenditure in return and speed up the development. 

So dear Developer Team, please think this over, you'd do us insiders a big favour with it.

1 Reply

@Neon01 We appreciate you reaching out and bringing this back to our attention.

To provide some insight: we definitely see that these are important to our Insiders, but there are some confounding factors. However, the good news is that we've heard your feedback, and our team is actively reviewing both requests!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge