SS32: tab groups limitations

Iron Contributor

Suggestion (SS): 32 Classification: tab groups
PRIORITY IN MY OPINION: 5 on a scale from 1 (low) to 10 (high)

Tab groups limitations:
1) no way to select the tab, right click and select “select all other tabs and move to a new group” (except pinned tab)
2) same like 1 to add to current group or
3) same like 2, where we simply select all tabs and then drag drop to group (solution 2 is better)
4) once we merge to a group, you show the whole group, instead you should keep the group close (so add an option to keep group close after merge)
5) no way to merge 2 group in 1 (even using drag drop)
6) open close group tabs create problem to other tabs (see image). It takes some time before you show original size

7) no way to add groups to pins --> if we click close other you delete the group --> if we click pin it, you lose group setting and manage tabs as normal tabs... after unpin we see single tabs...

edgesuggestions_0-1604536689180.png

plus what i already reported to you before:

• all left tabs to group
  • all right tabs to group
  • all same domain to group (or even "add automatically tab from url ... to group ....")

3 Replies
Tab group are a chromium feature, and is not yet activated, so this suggestion must be done on the chromium project not the edge one.

@Wittycat is on edge too, if you use the flag. first i wrote chrome, then i checked with edge if there were same problems.

yes on the flags and Microsoft don't do any support for the flags who isn't already activated by them.
And here it's a chromium feature microsoft haven't activated, so i don't see why they will change something to a function of chromium they don't use (for now)