Split Screen[SS] tabs if closed then they dont reopen with the split screen and some other SS issues

Brass Contributor

As someone who uses the split screen a lot, I have a few suggestions and Issues related to the split screen feature that I wanted to share.

The Split screen is a really good new feature but there are some issues that I have faced, If I close edge or just close this tab with spilt screen, and then use 'reopen closed tab', then only one of the tabs from the two that were sharing the screen opens and it doesn't open with the split screen and the secondary tab the split screen had is gone. It would be great if we could reopen the split screen tabs the way they were before we closed them.

And I suggest that an option to unsplit screen should also be added so that we can unsplit the tabs and use them normally again, that would be a really convenient feature that can be useful to many.

Another thing I found is that, when I open PDFs in Split screen and I close them it does not warn me to save the pdf and just close them, which results in loss of all the highlight and pen work I have done in it, so in my opinion this is a really important thing that needs to be fixed.
Molecular Basis of Inheritance 02 _ Lect Notes.pdf and 7 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge Beta 03-Mar-23 4_49_30 PM.png

0 Replies