Some suggests for appearance

Brass Contributor

-I think they should add something like: blue mode, green mode,...etc without installing extension.
-Also, it's good when we can customize the new tab page.
-The InPrivate button should be in blue like edge.
So that's my ideas about Edge.

17 Replies

I don't know. I do like Chrome's ability to use extensions for themes. Although you can do that with Edge, it requires sort of manually installing it instead of simply downloading a theme from the Chrome store and being able to reset it to default later on if one doesn't like. On the other hand we can use the Window's color scheme to change colors, but for those that like picture themes like maybe space, the stars, the forest, and there's one on Chrome that has a Halloween spooky misty woods theme, that would be nice. 

Like this one as example: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/into-the-mist-hd-wallpape/dlaclmmkgakhfgehfanfedhbfekicdji

I don't know if they'll change (if it can even be coded?) the inprivate window tab to blue like in original Edge.  

Customizing the new tab page would be cool too. I guess it's a matter of seeing what's installed in each future update especially what pops up in Edge Canary.  :)

@yellowdogvn 

Totally dig this idea. actually Google Chrome has this and it's pretty nice!

Annotation 2019-09-21 214144.png

I like this more than 3rd party themes

@HotCakeX Yeah that would be cool. Especially if able to mix and max colors. 

@HotCakeX 

Maybe I'm too conservative but I guess Acryl with system style colour + plugins are more than enough for customization. Edge always was monochromic browser and Fluent experiments with colours like in Todo don't work well as for me.

Chrome has a problem with managing too many tabs so groups and colour marking is kinda solution for this but I don't see this feature useful enough to port it elsewhere.

@Henry08 

I love if they add Acrylic style

And i love when they add fluent design like Mac ;)
Yeah right

Fluent Design System is a design language developed in 2017 by Microsoft.
apple can't make it not even in their dreams ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluent_Design_System

https://www.microsoft.com/design/fluent/#/

haha that's right man
Yeah ;)
Yeah it is

@HotCakeX :))) I don't know will they change to fluent design but i hope :)))

P/s: or add more like transparent, metro, and of course something for a weak PC haha :D

After they stabilize the basics in the Edge insider browser, i think they will start working more on the appearances. there are few fundamental features in the browser that are either missing or having problem.

Yeah, I would agree Edge C is an on going product that will continue to work on features and options and other areas even after stable release including the appearance options and expansion of things. Interesting to see was time progresses.

Yeah right
I hope!

@yellowdogvn 

-The InPrivate button should be in blue like edge.

Hi,

it's now Blue :)

dfsadsa.png

Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.413.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)