Some issues with using multiple profiles

Brass Contributor

I recently began using multiple profiles and faced with two issues; the first issue happens when uses some extensions in an additional profile and then close additional profile window and after that extensions processes still running and consuming resources, And the second issue happens when a website opened in several profiles and meanwhile the website sends a notification and it is not possible to recognize which message belongs to which profile.
Of course, these issues belong to Chromium but according to experience Google Chromium developer team does not pay attention to quality issues and I hope the Edge developer team solves these issues.

4 Replies
Hi,
i also use 2 profiles and now that I think about it, it would be confusing if profile picture or profile name is not shown in the toast notifications that i get (Windows 10).
i mean so far i only use 1 profile for social networks and get notifications from there, but if my 2nd profile sent me notifications from the same site, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I'm gonna send it using the feedback button on Edge too.

about extensions using resources after closing that Edge profile, how long they keep consuming resources after you close that profile's window?

@HotCakeX , @Behzad_A 

I'm sending feedback too. It's a good idea and a necessary feature

@HotCakeX wrote:
about extensions using resources after closing that Edge profile, how long they keep consuming resources after you close that profile's window?

Extensions processes still running until completely closed or restarts the browser.

Do you see this in browser task manger or Windows task manager?

post a screenshot?