SOLVED

Some ideas for edge:

Copper Contributor

A way to change search engines in settings is DEFINITELY needed! 

Also for the new tab page, perhaps give it the bing daily wallpaper? and allow more than 9 ''top sites'' and offer a way to hide the news? 

5 Replies
You can change search engines by going to 'Settings', then go to 'privacy and services'. Scroll down to 'address bar' and click on that.

OH I didn't think to check there ty! 

No problemo. You can also change the stuff shown on the new tab page, by opening a new tab and pressing the three stripes on the right (to open settings). Here you can select what they show on this page. @huphup223 

Yeah that's good, but it'd be even better if they gave the option to remove that white bar at the bottom!

It's no biggie though since we can get chrome store extensions now which can customize the new tab page :ok_hand:
best response confirmed by huphup223 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think this area needs to be improved by making it easier for user to change Search Engine, not buried deep in Settings.

At least though with this new Edge based on Chromium, it also now have same QuickSearch which is pretty sweet once you use it. Chromium feature that allows you to search in that website/search engine without having to first going to that website or changing search engine manually.
You just need to type the first or few letters of the search engine and press tab, then you can type your search query. Glad that Edge will have this feature too finally.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by huphup223 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think this area needs to be improved by making it easier for user to change Search Engine, not buried deep in Settings.

At least though with this new Edge based on Chromium, it also now have same QuickSearch which is pretty sweet once you use it. Chromium feature that allows you to search in that website/search engine without having to first going to that website or changing search engine manually.
You just need to type the first or few letters of the search engine and press tab, then you can type your search query. Glad that Edge will have this feature too finally.

View solution in original post