Smart Copy is Available in Edge Now!

MVP

Microsoft Edge Version 88.0.705.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

dddd.png

Keyboard shortcut for it: CTRL + Shift + X

at the moment, Smart Copy doesn't work in PWAs.

Here is the demo video:

Edge insider Smart Copy Feature Demo (streamable.com)

51 Replies

Yay, just tested it now on several websites. It works so good, can't wait to use it in my workflow!

Is the button gray for you too?

Yes, it is gray for me too, though using the Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+X) I can access it. 

Ah good to know,
I think we will be seeing some options related to Smart copy in here: edge://settings/shareCopyPaste

another thing I think would be good is to add Smart Copy option to Web Capture as a 3rd option next to these

dsds.png

That is a great suggestion. It would make sense to place both of them together.

Adding Smart Copy option to Web Capture as a 3rd option would be great.

@hussain5416 @Rohit Yadav 

let's send feedback asking for it to show people want this :)

@HotCakeX 

weird... for me this option doesn't appear in the menu, nor in edge://flags/, but it works if I use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+X

I liked the feature anyway 

@HotCakeX Feedback sent just now! :)

Nice!
no need to drag drop anymore, if cmd c cmd v doesn't work correctly ;)
What about drag and drop?
just one question for humble mortal who don't know what is smart copy (maybe because i don't use workflow even with my microsoft 365 subscription), what is smart copy ?
@HotCakeX Love it! I'm wondering too - why is it grayed out?
@Wittycat
"what is smart copy?"

Take a look at this in case you've missed: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-next

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@HotCakeXLove it! I'm wondering too - why is it grayed out?

Because it just is, it's new, they are still working on it.

@Wittycat 

@Wittycat wrote:
just one question for humble mortal who don't know what is smart copy (maybe because i don't use workflow even with my microsoft 365 subscription), what is smart copy ?

Smart copy

Copying and pasting content from the web can be tricky – selecting the content can be challenging and pasting doesn't always look like the original. Smart copy makes it easier to select, copy, and paste content that you find across the web, maintaining source site's formatting, spacing and text. Use your mouse to select any area or content (including charts, images, etc.) and when you paste, you will get the option to paste as an image or to retain the original source formatting, saving you valuable time. This is one of the many ways the new Microsoft Edge is providing tools to help you be more productive while browsing the web.

in my video above, I'm using Word online as a place to paste the content i copied with Smart Copy.

thanks it seem very useful :)
@HotCakeX Ok, cool :) I know this browser is built for everyone ;)