Sleeping tabs should offer option to not sleep pinned tabs

Brass Contributor

Auto Tab Discard (and other similar extensions) have a few options I find pretty important.

1. Option to not sleep pinned tabs
  2. Option to not sleep tabs with unsaved form data (maybe the sleep feature already does this by default, I'm not sure)
  3. Option to not sleep tabs media playing (maybe the sleep feature already does this by default, I'm not sure)
4 Replies
These are valid points, i also find them useful,
though I expect them to be ignored when tabs are in a tab group and we shrink the tab group, because that's how we force tabs in a tab group to go to sleep, regardless of what they are doing.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/great-new-features-tabs-groups-auto-create-tab-gr...

but naturally I haven't seen any of my tabs playing something to go to sleep, like YouTube tabs, never had that problem. I'm not sure how Edge can detect unsaved form data in a page, like constantly scan pages etc.
but you can send it as suggestion using feedback button on Edge so it get registered

@keeganwitt The 3rd point is already taken into consideration by Edge: Sleeping Tabs FAQ - Microsoft Tech Community

@HotCakeXGood idea. I've sent this via feedback.

@Rohit YadavAh, cool. I hadn't seen that. Thanks for sharing.