Sleeping tabs not available on macOS

Copper Contributor

I am no longer seeing the option to enable sleeping tabs on Edge for macOS. I am currently running version 98.0.1108.43 of the normal build. Here's what I see when I go to system and performance under settings:

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.17.21 AM.png

Am I missing something?

Current macOS version: Monterey version 12.0.1

10 Replies

Hey there @emccluree, thanks for posting! This is a known issue and the fix should be in the next Stable build that comes out! If you don't see the settings available after the next update, please ping me back here =)

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

Hi @Alexandra-R 

I'm using the latest stable version and also latest Dev version and performance mode doesn't exists in both of them, MacOS Monterey 12.3 version here also.

Thank you.

Hello, is it available now?

Broken again in  101.0.1210.32 

Hi @Alexandra-R!
Seems to be exactly the same problem with Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.32 (Official build) (arm64).
No "Sleeping tabs" and no "Efficiency mode";(
Any advice?

@VadymMasiuk, I'm seeing the same thing on my M1 Macs. I haven't checked my Intel machine yet.

I have also checked on Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.39 (Official_build) (x86_x64) same problem(

It's now available on Version 101.0.1210.39 (Official build) (x86_64).

Check it out! MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Yup, I see it too.

@marceloavf  thanks!
You made me checking once more... and guess?
I can see it's there... even more... It's available now on both laptops: with Intel and M1 chip:cryingwithlaughter: 
No idea why and what was the reason, but it was not there few days ago...:facepalm: