sleep tab

Steel Contributor

Does sleep tab function use this flags as well : edge://flags/#intensive-wake-up-throttling

I ask only to know if i continue to enable it or if it's already in enabled state

For God Sake Microsoft when will you listen an replace "Default by it's ACTUAL states"

2 Replies

Hi,
the flag was removed from Edge canary when it went from version 89 to 90
(Version 90.0.778.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) to be exact)

now Canary is Version 90.0.784.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
and the flag is still not available.

so i think it's safe to assume that the flag has nothing to do with sleeping tabs.
i remember posting about it when it first appeared in Edge canary. it was way after sleeping tabs was in Edge.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-significant-cpu-and-battery-saving-feature-ad...

that's another sign that the 2 things are not related.

that flag only stayed in Edge briefly, sleeping tabs is still working fine in Edge canary, without that flag.

about the enabled/disabled state of flags, please just send more feedbacks through Edge feedback button. every time i ask developers they say if more people request it, they'll implement it..

i have asked it through feedback already, an i push other to do it, (i have seen many dev have asked it on chromium thread too) but neither Google or Microsoft seem interested in this feature)