Share This Page?

Iron Contributor

The biggest feature I use with Edge is  the "Share This Page" button to Share the Page via installed apps.  Will this be brought over to the new Edge?  Without it I have no reason to use the new Edge.

45 Replies

@Dennis5mile 

Hi Dennis,

I, too, am glad you are home, but, I am not glad to hear the reason.  Ergo, I trust they find the cause very soon.  Certainly, then, can correctly treat.  Anything, that you might have answers & relief ASAP.

As for the Share button, it should be where it already is in Edge, always at the ready without any extra unnecessary clicks or digging.  as you say, easy to see & easy to use.

Wish I actually would have Share (word OR button) & the Favs button... can't find either anywhere! And lord knows I have really looked.  Nice some don't have my luck, it seems.

All Best Wishes, mate,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Greg Rachocki 

I am still shocked that this functionality has still not been added. This is NOT a feature it is a basic requirement of any productive browser. I am very much thinking of going back to Chrome if the new Edge is not going to provide it. I have better functionality on my Android phone browser. Sorry but it seems like users are just allowing Edge to have reduced functionality and leave it up to third party add-ins which I find creates issues with performance and overhead. Cheers 

@pgmolloy 

Many of us keep trying to tell the Team there are Edge things that are MUST-HAVES.  People use Edge because of them.  Things that must not be neglected, ignored, omitted OR CHANGED not, in location, appearance or function.  They tell us the stuff IS coming.  Well, adoption rate likely depends on it, a lot.

The repeated comments on this stuff is increasing daily.  New visitors coming on board w/ the same views.  And I have noticed comments becoming more and more 'pointed', passionate & intense about this as time (without the items) passes.  Humans are not known for patience & w/ no published Roadmap... Insiders are somewhat in the dark as to what to expect & when.  But, they know what they want & they want it yesterday.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

I thought the Fav button was enabled for everyone. Share for me is only in the (. . .) menu. I don't have a button for it like I think some do....

Dennis5mile
And thanks for the well wishes!

@Dennis5mile 

Dennis, both the Favs button & the Share word & or button are "Controlled Feature Roll-outs" meaning, even, if latest Canary Builds all people will not have them, 1 or both, simultaneously.  Thus some have, some don't, yet...  This happens in Windows 10 Insider Builds, too.  Sometimes we don't all receive the same things simultaneously, even when we know they are coming or even that some already have them.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

yeah, I been lucky in getting all the roll-outs for the windows insider so far...... Some nice features... Though I've probably just jinxed myself now.. lol
And Getting some here in edge as well.. Love the share feature.... and Collections is GREAT! Though the extensions have gone wacko.. have sent several smiley's on the extensions. They have added new ones, but can not install them...   Waiting for Canary to update and see if that fixes them.....

Dennis5mile