Share This Page?

Iron Contributor

The biggest feature I use with Edge is  the "Share This Page" button to Share the Page via installed apps.  Will this be brought over to the new Edge?  Without it I have no reason to use the new Edge.

45 Replies
Thank you for the feedback @Greg Rachocki, we are starting with the fundamentals, but work is continuing with our experience features. Please keep an eye out, and continue to let us know how we are doing.

@Greg Rachocki Adding the Share ths Page feature would be awesome. I use it every day. In fact I am copying URLs from Edge (Chromium) to the traditional Edge in order to use that feature.

So far my experience using/testing Edge (Chromium) has been great. Seems more fluid than Edge and Chrome!

@Greg Rachockiis right. While there are many new extensions that can be used that help in sharing, having the Windows share button provides consistency across the OS experience. That said: I developed a Share to Whatsapp feature (unfortunately Microsoft didn't publish because the store people said they didn't see the value) so I created it as an Chrome Extension. Now I am able to use it with the new Edge Chromium

@Elliot Kirk wrote:
Thank you for the feedback @Greg Rachocki, we are starting with the fundamentals, but work is continuing with our experience features. Please keep an eye out, and continue to let us know how we are doing.

@Elliot Kirk  I'll put in my vote also, the share feature was awesome.  I'm sure it's probably lower down on the list and you guys will get to it.

HI guys, Hi@Greg Rachocki  , It's also my Edge's favorite feature and wish it comes to the new development soon. 

Sharing gets my vote too
Yes, this gets my vote.... I use it often...

Dennis5mile

@Greg Rachocki 

Also the feature I currently miss the most on this awesome browser! Thank you guys, doing a great job in any case!

@Greg Rachocki 

Have to chime in here. Hated the original Edge but am very impressed with the Chromium version. 

Since I'm not a Google fan, kept using the Firefox and IE, depending on what I needed to do.

IE has a send button that allows easy sending of links via email. FF, has one also. If I want to share a page, I wind up having to copy the link into FF and then send it. 

Can it be that hard?

This lack is about the only thing that keeps me from making the new Edge my default browser. 

Keep up the good work.

@Greg Rachocki wrote:

The biggest feature I use with Edge is  the "Share This Page" button to Share the Page via installed apps.  Will this be brought over to the new Edge?  Without it I have no reason to use the new Edge.

@Greg Rachocki I agree with everyone on this list. Sharing links, web pages, clipboards, files, photos, algorithms, code, applications, desktops and just about anything digital is probably what any user of a computer or digital device is now either doing or wants to do. If New Edge and the Chrome Project really want the Internet, the Web and the digital world to be able to go to the next evolutionary step then the one of the core fundamental capabilities besides standardization and security would have to be a "Share Anything Anytime Anywhere" architecture built into the browser sub system and exposed through the open source interfaces. The interface such as the New Edge and other browsers could then offer their particular flavors of sharing technologies and AI type components to further enhance the user experience in sharing. I think this is where core sharing libraries from skype type technologies would enhance web development and end user experiences. Just a few spontaneous thoughts. But for now just add sharing please. I want to click and send a link to a colleague in milliseconds not minutes!!!

Hi  @Zeid Shubailat  , that's a great Idea for an extension , very useful, I did not found your "Share to Whatsapp" in chrome store, please, publish it

Hi  @Zeid Shubailat  Works great! Good Job . Thanks

@Sergio Hernandez 

Saw reference to @Zeid Shubailat 's extension. I appreciate his effort. Problem is, I stay as far away as possible from Facebook,

I suppose I will try an extension that says it handles email sharing, tho it's such a basic item, it should be built into the browser as it is on IE, original Edge, and, I assume, Chrome.

@MikeGHouston

I installed AddToAny and it works ok, though it does default to Gmail for sharing by email. With an extra click, you can choose Windows Mail and it does seem to work.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/addtoany-share-anywhere/ffpgijchhhkhnokafdeklpllijgnbche/r... 

Am missing this feature loads, especially when using tablet mode
Ditto, so far Edge Chromium has been awesome on my tablet. But I hate having to cut & paste into legacy Edge to get the share feature. The old share feature is great because of the preview it builds in a email message! Please port this feature over.
I add a Chrome extension from the Chrome Extension Store to add this functionality. It'scalled AddtoAny