SOLVED

Share an Edge page via email

Brass Contributor

When I use the 'Share' button I am taken to a variety of options.

Unsurprisingly one is email but when I choose that am taken to a new email from my gmail account.

Now I must admit that I do have a gmail account but hardly ever use it.

Does anybody know how I can choose, as well as make it stay that way, my Microsoft account email address

Also why is WhatsApp not one of the sharing options?

6 Replies
@Max Wild I think that why WhatsApp is not on there is because it's not very popular on computers. But Microsoft Teams would be a good fit there.
I understand but any thoughts on the way to stop it choosing my scarcely used gmail account. Also, one of possibilities is my Recipe Keeper app! This is slightly bizarre.
best response confirmed by Max Wild (Brass Contributor)
Solution
@Max Wild Then, open the Mail app from your taskbar (the blue envelope thingy) and click "Accounts" and then click "Add account" on the bottom right. Lastly, add your Microsoft account, and you're all set! The next time you share something via email, it will ask you which account to choose. You can click your Microsoft account.

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@Max WildI think that why WhatsApp is not on there is because it's not very popular on computers. But Microsoft Teams would be a good fit there.

That's not really the reason.

apps will appear in Share if they support the Share contract. 

Extend your desktop application with Windows 10 features using the new Visual Studio Application Pac...

Share data - UWP applications | Microsoft Docs

@Max Wild 

Hi,

check in here and if you see Gmail, remove it

edge://settings/content/handlers

and then from Windows settings => Apps => Default Apps

make sure the correct Email app is set as the default app.

WhatsApp is not in the share list because WhatsApp developers haven't added the necessary code for it to appear there.

more info here and here

@Kam That's very helpful and I now understand what is happening.

The trouble is I use the mail app to keep track of my gmail account but the vast bulk of my mail goes through Outlook which, not surprisingly, is much better than the app.

So it is a shame that whatever the coding required it hasn't been included within Outlook so that I can share via it rather than the Mail app.

But thanks at least I now understand what is going on.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Max Wild (Brass Contributor)
Solution
@Max Wild Then, open the Mail app from your taskbar (the blue envelope thingy) and click "Accounts" and then click "Add account" on the bottom right. Lastly, add your Microsoft account, and you're all set! The next time you share something via email, it will ask you which account to choose. You can click your Microsoft account.

View solution in original post