SOLVED

Setting Keyboard shortcuts for extensions is broken edge 84.x

Copper Contributor

I am running Canary channel version 84.0.513.0. And it seems setting up an extension shortcut is broken. edge://extensions/shortcuts

The dropdown seems to be greyed out, and I also cannot input any shortcut in the text input.

Annotation 2020-05-14 045823.jpg

8 Replies

@icanrelate Thanks for letting us know and for sharing that screenshot. A couple of initial troubleshooting questions:

1. Does this happen on other extensions, or just the one pictured?
  2. Did this behavior work previously, and then stopped in this build of Canary, or is this the first time you're testing it?
  3. What's the general type of device and OS?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted hey, sorry for the late reply, to answer your question

> Does this happen on other extensions, or just the one pictured?
- It happens to any of the extension, I tried disabling them and test other extensions

> Did this behavior work previously, and then stopped in this build of Canary, or is this the first time you're testing it?
- It worked previously and it broke, I use Ctrl + Shift + L a lot because that's the shortcut key for Bitwarden Autofill, which is my password manager. I tried downloading the Dev Channel, and it's currently working there

> What's the general type of device and OS?
I'm using Dell XPS 15 9560 with Windows 10 build 2004

This is happening to me too. It was working on the standard and dev channels before I decided to try Canary.

If you click on the shortcut field it fails to obtain focus. But if you press TAB several times in order to move focus around, it eventually reaches that field and you're able to set the shortcut.

@mendozalpy and @icanrelate 

Thanks for the details. The good news is that our Extensions team has identified the issue and is working on fixing the bug!

Fawkes (they/them)

best response confirmed by icanrelate (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mendozalpy and @icanrelate I'm happy to announce that this bug has been fixed! Please update your build to the latest version, and let us know if the fix works for you.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted just downloaded 84.0.521.0, and I can confirm bug has been fixed!

Working for me too.
Thanks!

@mendozalpy and @icanrelate Excellent, glad to hear it!

Fawkes (they/them)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by icanrelate (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mendozalpy and @icanrelate I'm happy to announce that this bug has been fixed! Please update your build to the latest version, and let us know if the fix works for you.

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post