SOLVED

Serbian Dictionaries don't load in Dev and Canary Channels

Copper Contributor

"Serbian - српски" and "Serbian - srpskohrvatski" spellcheck dictionaries don't load in Edge Canary version 81.0.370.0 and Dev version 81.0.361.9.

sr-dict-load-fail.png

Languages load in Beta Channel version 79.0.309.54. This may be related to change made in Chromium Beta 80.*.*, where respective dictionaries were updated from version 3 to 4:

sh-3-0.bdic -> sh-4-0.bdic
sr-3-0.bdic -> sr-4-0.bdic

8 Replies

@msmiljanic Thanks for letting us know! I'll share this with our product team and loop back with you if they have any additional insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@msmiljanic To loop back with you: our team has confirmed the issue and is working on a fix right now!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

best response
Solution

@msmiljanic this issue should disappear within a day or so in all channels. Please let us know if you still repro the issue.

CC @Deleted 

@Grisha_L 

Thanks for the changes and reply.

"Serbo-Croatian - srpskohrvatski" now works as expected. The dictionary now loads and uses correct Latin alphabet dictionary. When added, it gets downloaded to user folder:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\sh-4-0.bdic

"Serbian - српски" dictionary still doesn't work as expected.  While it loads, it doesn't use correct dictionary. Instead of Cyrillic it checks again for Latin alphabet (using some different dictionary from "Serbo-Croatian - srpskohrvatski"). Nothing gets downloaded to user folder.

The expectation is that "Serbian - српски" should be checking Cyrillic alphabet. The expected downloaded dictionary should be in user folder, as well:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\sr-4-0.bdic

Regards.

@msmiljanic I can see that it works on my Edge Dev. Could you please try to removing Serbian in Settings and add it again? You shouldn't need to removed previous version of the dictionary.

clipboard_image_0.png

@Grisha_LThanks for looking into this.

I now tried on 4 different machines, and everything works nice on 3 of them. So I acknowledge that the changes made resolved the originally reported issue.

The follow-up problem I reported I am still having on my main machine, for some reason. Reinstalling everything didn't help. I will try to figure out what is going on, and, if it is something of  broader interest, open another thread.

Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@msmiljanic this issue should disappear within a day or so in all channels. Please let us know if you still repro the issue.

CC @Deleted 

View solution in original post