SOLVED

Separate "Apps" from main browser?

Copper Contributor

Hi, I noticed that a website, once installed as "app" still shares the content (cache, storage, database etc.) with the main browser. 

Is there a setting to make "apps" really independent of each other and the main browser? That's mostly for privacy reasons. I'd like to give an App for certain sites permissions to store cookies, but don't want those cookies to be present in my general browsing session (i.e. not being tracked)

1 Reply
best response
Solution

Thanks for the question, @ansorgj.

You are correct that the data is shared between the browser and the "app". We are looking in to different ways to address your concerns, but it's a very tricky situation, so we are being very careful. That is to say: I'm not sure exactly how we are going to solve it yet, but we are looking into it.

-John 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Thanks for the question, @ansorgj.

You are correct that the data is shared between the browser and the "app". We are looking in to different ways to address your concerns, but it's a very tricky situation, so we are being very careful. That is to say: I'm not sure exactly how we are going to solve it yet, but we are looking into it.

-John 

View solution in original post