Search Engines

Silver Contributor

Was going to put this in Articles; seems I am not priviledged enough for that or there ;)

I'm sure I've read people enquiring about search engines in this Edge.  Forgive me if I'm late to the party on this.  It's Bing, by default.  However, w/ a wonderful bit of digging & drilling down one can, indeed, have others.  Finding it is not terribly intuitive, IMHO.  Ergo, here's 4 shots showing the path:
E1.jpg
E2.jpg
E3.jpg
E4.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

5 Replies

Thank you @Drew1903 for taking the time to write this up.  It looks like we need a currated How-To section in this forum, or on the Help site.

@Drew1903 Hello..  First, thanks for the write up.  However, I wanted to point out that in the latest Canary build, they have already added the other search engines there.  See below...

Search Options 1Search Options 1Search Options 2Search Options 2

@Elliot Kirk 

You're welcome.  And, hey, that's a good idea about a How To section.  I'd enjoy do things for that; would be a nice assistance for people.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Well, gee, isn't that just special :)  Yes, the changes in Canary come at quite a rapid pace.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@RORWessels 

I have the latest version of Canary.  Are you sure you didn't visit those search engines?

"To see more search engines here, open a new tab, go to the search engine you’d like to add, and search for something."

In my Dev Bing and Twitter are listed... I must have searched for something whist in Twitter, I do have an acc't there & for search for things or people there. I put 2 & 2 together I realised why Twitter is listed w/ the Search Engines... it was initially only Bing, but, that's why. You may not realise you search for something via those other engines. And it was done in Dev.  My Canary, still, only lists Bing because, I've not search via anywhere else in it.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg