SOLVED

Scrolling within Microsoft edge

Copper Contributor

I am using version 80.0.361.9 of Microsoft edge dev.

I can not remember when it started but on a laptop when scrolling using the touch pad it always reads it as if I did a right click after the scroll when I go to move the mouse, if I do it over a link of some sort when I am scrolling YouTube it tends it also clink onto the link as well while also acting as if i was right clicking.

Is this just me or is anyone else also having this issue too.

(I am using the 2 finger gesture to scroll)

6 Replies
Do you have a Precision Touchpad (PTP)?
No idea but I'm using a hp Spector folio, this is a relatively new thing that's been happening, I have been using the dev from the moment it was released and was fine ever since
best response
Thank you for this
Just so you know, if you go to Windows 10 Settings> Devices> Touchpad, it'll tell you if you have a Precision Touchpad.

It looks like you don't have a PTP. My laptop didn't come with PTP drivers and I disliked the Synaptics drivers so I installed the PTP drivers from Lenovo (not my laptop manufacturer and worked fine for me). https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-precision-touchpad-drivers.
just a warning: Windows Central is hella slow without an adblocker
and a second warning: it may not work so just read everything through. the first drivers worked fine for me. Every feature update of W10 however updated the drivers so I had to reinstall the first drivers.
(i might just copy the above and plop that into the other discussion hehe)
Oh okay I wasn't sure what you was talking about, I believe I tried this already when I saw a video talking about the ptp was better but I wasn't able to get it to work and that was back in March I could try again but I am also part of the windows insider program so I get updates like 3 times a week so if it doesn't get updated with that I might just have to wait till the problem can get fixed. Luckily I'm using a 2 in 1 so I can use the touch for more of the scrolling
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response