Scrolling personality improvements in Microsoft Edge

Silver Contributor

Quote;

"In this post, we’ll cover how we’ve improved scrolling personality in Microsoft Edge – scroll animation and how it reacts to your interactions, looks and feel of scrolling."

See what we've done so far.. 

Interesting reading..

Dennis5mile

1 Reply

@Dennis5mile 

Well I hate the 'scrolling personality' generally and the overscroll bounce/rubber-banding in particular. If I hadn't found I could disable it in flags I'd have stopped experimenting with Edge by now (experimenting in that I wouldn't actually consider switching to Edge for general use until history sync between desktop and mobile and several other things in mobile Edge are implemented), and if the ability to disable it and return to 'normal' scrolling as in Firefox, Google Chrome and other apps is removed from chromium Edge I'll be off.

This is with an i7 Dell and a precision trackpad. I hadn't actually used the old EdgeHTML Edge other than a very brief try after getting the Win10 Dell, but running it and trying its scrolling now, it's terrible. Any decision and intent to try and replicate anything about EdgeHTML scrolling is a threat to me, not a welcome promise.