Scrolling is very poor on the new Edge

Copper Contributor

I have two problems with scrolling on webpages in the new Edge.

The first issue is that it is now impossible to use the touch screen to scroll two Edge windows simultaneously. On the old Edge, this worked great. I was able to snap windows on the left and right and compare two webpages side by side, scrolling both pages simultaneously with a finger on either side of my screen. I just tested this feature on Internet Explorer, and I am able to scroll at least eight windows simultaneously with my fingers! On the new Edge, I can only scroll two webpages simultaneously if I use the touchscreen on one window and my mouse wheel on the second window. That is a clunky workaround for a basic feature.

A second issue is that I regularly get 'stuck' while scrolling webpages. When 'stuck', I have to jostle with scrolling controls to allow me to scroll back up on the webpage I am viewing. I haven't tested this enough to know whether the problem turns up more regularly when scrolling with the scrollbar, mouse wheel or touch screen (I rarely scroll with my touchpad or other features).

0 Replies