Scroll up the page by clicking the active tab.

Brass Contributor

I wanted to see the scroll function to the top of the page, which allows you to instantly scroll to the top of the web page by pressing the active tab. Pressing the tab again will take you back to where you were on the page.
It saves time and has already been implemented in Opera and Yandex Browser.
I was looking for this function in the form of an extension, I did not find it.

Screenshots:

8 Replies

@HD321kbps 

I agree a lot, that's something I miss a lot on Edge and Chrome. It would be cool for Microsoft to add this feature directly on Chromium for all browsers based on it already have this feature

@HD321kbps 

Excellent idea. I love this! Can I add a suggestion? What if we could have other actions, too, for double-clicking on the tab?

Possible actions on double-click:

1. Scroll to top
  2. Close this tab (useful on laptops)

@HD321kbps, this is a cool idea.  I have added it to the feedback for the tab management team.  Thank you for taking the time to help us out, and keep the ideas coming.

@HD321kbps Great idea! I'm missing this feature very much.

Opera is one of the best chromium implementation.

Any updates on this? This is the only thing preventing me from migration to EDGE

I totally agree.  I've been looking for some handy extensions that's I'm totally spoiled for using Opera.  

Tab click, scroll to the top and click again to scroll to the bottom is HIGH on my list.  

Another for tabs would be a double click to close.  I tried one of the offerings out there that SUPPOSEDLY does that and no joy.  

There is ANOTHER, if you have multiple tabs open but you were originally on a tab to the left, three tabs over but clicked on the far right tab when closing that tab your focus would put you back to the last tab you were at!  This is a very much missed option from Opera too! 

MS does listen too folks.  I wrote them about not wanting my main bar cluttered with icons from installed extensions. All of a sudden a new right click option appears for all my extensions "Move to menu" .... Either I didn't see that or they did an instant update.  Now my bar is ALLOT less cluttered! YAY! 

Thanks.  

Is there any progress?
Or the function will not be soon?
Thanks

@HD321kbps totally agree. I stick to yandex.browser mostly because of this feature.