Screen Share on Linux Build on Wayland does not work

Copper Contributor

Screen Sharing on Linux build on Wayland needs chrome://flags/#enable-webrtc-pipewire-capturer to be enabled. I've seen this flag on all browsers based on chromium but not Edge, is there a particular reason?

In a covid-19 world where online classes and meetings are very important, this flag might be the deal-breaker for many. Please consider adding this flag  ( :

I'm on the latest Edge Dev but on Arch Linux

TheQuantumnargle_0-1618846485620.png

2 Replies

@TheQuantumNargle  You will have to enable the WebRTC PipeWire Support flag from edge://flags in order to avail screen share on wayland using pipewire. Thought its a bummer that the devs removed this option in edge 92(April 30), so maybe refrain from updating until they add it again.

Wayland screen sharing works out of the box now if you include the following flags when running Microsoft Edge "--enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland --enable-features=WebRTCPipeWireCapturer". So if you run "microsoft-edge" in the terminal to open edge, you'd instead run "microsoft-edge --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland --enable-features=WebRTCPipeWireCapturer."

After running Edge with those flags (I recommend adding them directly into your .desktop shortcut so you don't have to run it from the terminal all the time), you can share your screen, as long as you have pipewire installed.