Running 2 Edges

Silver Contributor

The bit about no Open w/ IE makes the potential of running more than 1 version of Edge helpful for me & y'all may find this interesting. I have to use an old, my original MS Acc't address to sign in to the (other) MS Tech Forums where I have written for many years.  Ergo, I use Edge, after going into my devices but IE w/ the different acc't to access those forums. But, as indicated by the lack of Open w/ IE in this Edge, it, really, should be considered as non-existent, already or, at least, finally.  Ergo, w/ 2 versions of Edge I can cleverly use, for example, Dev w/ one acc't & Canary w/ the other, LOL.

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

2 Replies

@Drew1903 It's not entirely clear to me what you're suggesting, but beyond using both Edge Dev and Edge Canary with different account info, you can also have multiple different profiles within either Dev or Canary, and use those different profiles (with different credentials) in parallel. You can switch profiles using the "avatar" icon in the Edge toolbar.

@Eric_Lawrence 

Ok, there is something worth pointing out, here. Edge offers where you can switch acc'ts, effectively having more than one, but, it's one or the other w/in the same window.  However, Edge C has Add Profile was ends up in another window.  Ergo, the "in parallel".  This facilitates want I & others (may) need.  It has meant my running one in Edge & one in IE which, I never want to use.  Which, is why I had done it using Dev & Canary which, obviously, can't be a long-term approach.  But, because Edge C has Add Profile, you can have more than one acc'ts, each in their own window(s), simultaneously.

>> One can, for this, assume IE & Canary will both be gone.

Thanks, again, Eric, for bring this to the fore. (for me & others, too).  A good difference between Edge & Edge C.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg