RSS Feeds for Microsoft Edge

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

In past RSS feeds used to be very popular and nowadays , they are not very common.

I am wondering, anyone is using RSS feed?

If yes, what is your use case?

Let's discuss this topic, since RSS is not available in Microsoft Edge and I am wondering is it important to have this feature in Microsoft Edge?

31 Replies
There is absolutely No need to build RSS feed into Edge, the reason is there are lots of extensions that do that.
https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/search/RSS?hl=en-US
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/RSS

it's always best to have features as modules, like extensions, where it's possible, for in case of RSS, it is totally possible.
extensions keep the browser lightweight, so only people that need that feature install the extension.

this is one of the big reasons Edge legacy was not popular, because it didn't support popular extension formats such as Chrome's or Firefox's.
@Reza_Ameri-Archived I wish I could, but I don't.
You wish you could what? use RSS?
@HotCakeX Yes
@HotCakeX but from a trusted source, like directly MS gives us the opportunity to still use RSS.
MTC has RSS, it's trusted.
just use the extension. there is no reason not to trust the RSS extension unless you have a valid reason and proof.

:unamused:Ok

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:

:unamused:Ok

?

@HotCakeX What do you mean?

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@HotCakeXWhat do you mean?

You tell me, you reply to me with weird emoji

@HotCakeX I meant I didn't like your telling me that I need an RSS extension.

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@HotCakeXI meant I didn't like your telling me that I need an RSS extension.

Well, it's simple, if you want to use RSS feeds in Edge, you need an RSS extension, nothing wrong with that.

if you have a problem with my post, use the report button.

I personally not using RSS , anymore.

In this case, it would have been nice let say Microsoft would develop extension for RSS feed too or setup GitHub project and define series of open source Extensions manage by Microsoft and develop by community.

@Kam 

For now, the only option would be third-party extensions or using Internet Explorer.

You may share feedback with Microsoft Edge team about this feature.

I am curious what is your use case of using RSS?

What type of RSS feeds are you using?

Note this is public forum and it is better to just share category like News, etc. , instead of actual website.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived I am not using RSS, but would like to use it for News.

@Kam 

How about start page for Microsoft Edge where it has Microsoft News and you could customize it?

In case News is important for you, I believe it is good idea to share feedback on improving Microsoft Edge start page for News sharing and you won't need RSS feed.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived I mean, getting notifications when a post is posted here. That kind of news.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

@Reza_Ameri-Archived wrote:

I personally not using RSS , anymore.

In this case, it would have been nice let say Microsoft would develop extension for RSS feed too or setup GitHub project and define series of open source Extensions manage by Microsoft and develop by community.

that's waste of developing time of Microsoft. there is 0 reason to do that while there are hundreds of RSS extensions out there.

if you don't trust any of them, provide proof and details