SOLVED

Right click on search results in edge://favorites to show the bookmark in its folder

Steel Contributor

Anyone else really want this? Imagine searching for "job" and finding the link you were looking for and wanting to see the other similar links you had in the folder that link was in. I'm not in that exact situation but I really need this for something time sensitive (like SUPER time sensitive and it's very important) and I use bookmarks a lot. I often bookmark entire windows.

22 Replies
best response confirmed by pneenkoalabear (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@DeletedHALLELUJAH I can finally show a search result in its folder. Took a long time. I didn't get it in time for my tasks but at least it's here now.

I hope you guys will also work on the performance of the React pages and on the scrollbars of those pages. Edge looks really bad when I scroll with my touchpad or finger.

note: gotta edit this as you can't do much in a quick reply

edit: attached screenshot

@pneenkoalabear Wonderful, we're glad that you were able to access that feature and that you're enjoying it!

We'd love it if you would submit in-browser feedback when you encounter issues with scrolling. Improving scrolling performance and personality across devices is top-of-mind for the team right now. For more information, you can check out this blog that our team just published: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/04/02/scrolling-personality-improvements/

Thanks!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

It's not about scrolling per se. It's just that the items have to load in. It's something that doesn't happen in Chromium. I've already submitted that. The scrollbars of the React pages don't have tracks. I've already submitted that feedback too.

As for actual scrolling, I've noticed that there's no overscroll in edge://settings which is another issue I've already reported. I imagine that would be fixed when you guys add the overscroll effect to sub-scrollers. I hope you guys will review pull to refresh. Again, I've also already submitted that.

It's a bit weird that the article refers to the UWP/Spartan Edge as an "older version". I always thought that quick flick was a bug! Can't wait to see fling boosting! That would make scrolling heaps easier. I don't really understand what scroll chaining and scroll latching are. Could you please explain what they are?