SOLVED

Restoring all collections after reinstallation on a new pc

Copper Contributor

I have reinstalled windows 10 and MS Edge/MS Edge Beta on the new machine. I have the following problems -

1. Some collections are remaining but seem to miss items
  2. A large number of collections are stuck in "Syncing" and never restore
  3. Some collections are missing possibly among the items "syncing"

What can I do apart from laboriously recreate all collections. 

2 Replies
helllo,if you are using the same account you used on your last device, your datas should be synchronized, be sure you have activated the collections synchronisation (on your phone for example)... and it can also take a few minutes (or hours :) )
best response confirmed by Chrisfle37 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tio_Dep 

Hallo Tio Dep,

Thank you for your reply, however I had paid attention to your points the hours turned into days when I finally aborted the synchronization. I managed to get most of collections back as follows -

1. Go into a particular "Syncing" collection.
  2. Examine the contents of the particular collection and decide on a title (or remember the title you had given it before)
  3. Right click on "Syncing" title and click on "Edit"
  4. Type the title you decided on and press "Enter"
  5. This will re-establish the collection under its correct title
  6. Some "Syncing" collections contain only parts of the original collection. In this case you can label the different parts "Title A", "Title B", etc. and combine these later into the main collection

Perhaps this may help some other unfortunate user whose collections got messed up for unknown reasons.

Kind regards

Chris

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chrisfle37 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tio_Dep 

Hallo Tio Dep,

Thank you for your reply, however I had paid attention to your points the hours turned into days when I finally aborted the synchronization. I managed to get most of collections back as follows -

1. Go into a particular "Syncing" collection.
  2. Examine the contents of the particular collection and decide on a title (or remember the title you had given it before)
  3. Right click on "Syncing" title and click on "Edit"
  4. Type the title you decided on and press "Enter"
  5. This will re-establish the collection under its correct title
  6. Some "Syncing" collections contain only parts of the original collection. In this case you can label the different parts "Title A", "Title B", etc. and combine these later into the main collection

Perhaps this may help some other unfortunate user whose collections got messed up for unknown reasons.

Kind regards

Chris

View solution in original post