Restore edge chromium favorites

Copper Contributor

Is any chance to restore edge chromium favorites? I've deleted all of them with wrong synch option form my new tablet setup process. Everything is gone :(

Thx

PS: Restore file bookmark from my computer profile is not able.

8 Replies

@FandaS We're sorry to hear that! Did you by chance have other machines that you had the Favorites on? And I'll reach out to the sync team and let you know if they have any suggestions.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted - thx for your answer
Yes, I have a phone with edge and synch favorites. However, problem is called "syncing" favorites, so finally I have an empty folder with favorites on my phone as well ;)

@FandaS Haha, yes, understood. Let me clarify: there is a known issue that sometimes prevents Favorites from correctly syncing across different devices, so we were (ironically) hoping that you'd also encountered it.

I've passed your message on to the team, and will loop back if they have any further troubleshooting suggestions.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted - "known" synch issue wasn't my case.
Every device has empty favorites folder.

I have offline backup but this offline file is from last summer. This is plan B ;)

@FandaS Roger that. 

Our Sync team is still looking into this, but in the meantime wanted to know if you could tell us more about what part of the set-up process might have lead to this? (RE: "I've deleted all of them with wrong synch option form my new tablet setup process.") We want to ensure that the whole Microsoft Edge experience is intuitive and straightforward, so it would be great to know how we can improve it.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted If I remember correctly I had 2 options during the setup process:
- merge
- delete on this device (it was my choice)

At the beginning I had an empty folder with favorites on the tablet and full in the laptop and finally empty in both.

Maybe I read instructions wrong.

Hello all,
The same thing just happened to me unfortunately. What was the outcome of this? Is it possible to somehow recover Edge Chromium settings that were deleted and the deletion sync has wiped them from all devices?
Hello,
Sadly the same thing just happened to me unfortunately. What was the outcome of this? Is it possible to somehow recover Edge Chromium settings that were deleted and the deletion sync has wiped them from all devices?