Reported to Smiley, twice.

Silver Contributor

Have told this to Mr. Smiley twice and now, will share it with you.

Dev is, STILL, opening upon Startup to New tab. I say "still" because it is set to Startup to MSN Canada. Build 75.0.139.0, now, but, it has always done this. Home page is set to the same, that works fine. Canary is set the same , however, it DOES Startup as set.

Win10 Insider Fast Track went on a new Build today, too.  Ergo, that's 3 new Builds in 1 day, if, including Canary.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

25 Replies

Nicol,

Maybe that choice is new, doesn't ring a bell, but, I honestly don't recall, for sure.

Yes, certainly lately the start up issue does seem erratic, unstable and unpredictable

Thanks for the info. It helps my discussions with the MS Tech about this.

And, I don't necessarily use it, myself or not all the time.  Things must just work right.  Your testing is appreciated.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

@Elliot Kirk @Drew1903 

Elliot and I have come across another user dealing with the same bug. He uses the handle increase. No matter what he does, he seems to always end up with the search page.

@NicolSD 

Thanks, Nicol, for this additional info.  Thanks to anyone else, too.  All helpful to know.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@tomscharbach @NicolSD @Elliot Kirk 

Here y'all can scratch your collective heads with this ⬇

Well, do I have something interesting for you; I’ve narrowed it down a little.

>> IF, hit the taskbar browser icon for Dev & Canary they open the specified page.

>> IF, open Canary from the Start menu, it opens to the specified page.
>> IF, open Dev from the Start menu, it > New tab.

>> Rt Clk menu for the taskbar browser icons:
     Hit  Microsoft Edge Dev OR Microsoft Canary (the green circled) it > New tab
     Hit New Window (the red circled) that, too, > New tab

Edge, to compare (the expectations)

>> Every ‘Click point’ mentioned ⬆ > the specified page.  Only exception, of course, is InPrivate.

Issue seems to be in both browser icons’ Rt Clk menu & Dev on the Start menu.

Interesting bag of mess, init, eh?

Anyway, I have given all this ⬆ to the Tech working on the issue with me.  I, also, passed on all the anecdotal info you Folks here have brought to my attention regarding this issue.  I'll, certainly, do the same with anything further... until & unless this issue is resolved.  The effort is being made, at least.

It's nice (seeing) that the response has been prompt, personal & with an enthusiasm to rectify asap.  But, has been since I went via MS Edge Support not, Mr. Smiley.  A possible/probable bug (something seems 'broken' or not well built) is well addressed by MS Edge Support.  Suggestions, requests likes, dislikes, praise & criticsm is most befits Mr. Smiley.  If something wronly goes to Support (vs Feedback), you will be notified to submit to :) instead.

Cheers

Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903@tomscharbach @NicolSD 

Hi Drew, Tom and NicolSD, thanks for being active Edge Insiders and we really appreciate your valuable feedback! Elliot has filed a bug on this issue and it's currently assigned to our feature team to investigate. We'll keep you and the community informed as we make progress on the bug.

WRT the smiley vs support features, both systems are designed to ensure we're effectively listening and addressing feedback from our customers. Both systems are actively processing (categorizing and prioritizing) customer feedback and we have dedicated teams driving necessary actions (bugs/requests) to ensure feedback lands on right path to resolution. Our main goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with how their feedback was handled regardless of feedback submission mechanism.  Please tell us about your feedback filing experience so far and how we can make it better for you and our community. Thanks again for your engagement!

@Joon Chang @tomscharbach @NicolSD @Elliot Kirk 

Joon,

Maybe, you didn't realise that I filed a bug on this, I think, possibly before Elliot's.  Sounds like we have 2 tickets & 2 Teams working to resolve the same issue.  I have been having on-going corresspondence with a specific Tech regarding the matter.  Between all of us working on this, maybe, it will be rectified soon(er).

And, btw, yesterday, when I said they opened correctly if from their taskbar icons... that has not been true today.  Both are back to not going to the specified page.  And both are opening to New tab from the Start menu today; yesterday one of them opened from there correctly.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg